When deciding whether you should buy either a Netbook or Laptop, it can be difficult to know where to start. Your decision should be based on your requirements. It also depends on how much money you have to spend. Let’s take a look at a Netbook.
A netbook is designed to be a smaller and lighter in weight than an ordinary laptop. The weight of a Netbook is generally less than 1kg. This makes them very portable due to their smaller dimensions and weight. They are also well suited to basic tasks such as Word Processing or browsing the Internet. Let’s take a look at the Pros and Cons of a Netbook.
– Cheaper to buy than a Laptop for a Basic Model.
– Lightweight and Portable.
– Battery life is usually very good although some models may offer poor battery life.
– Workspace can be a little cramped for those typing with larger hands.
– Not suitable for Gaming, although some older games can be played. This changes a little bit with the Nvidia Ion platform. Still only less demanding games can be played at an acceptable frame rate.
– No optical drive.
– Slower Processors can make things slow down quickly.
A Laptop has many uses. You can normally watch movies, work and play some games. The keyboards on laptops are usually big enough to comfortably use. Larger screens are available allowing for HD Movie Playback. Laptops typically weigh around 2.5KG so are not as portable as their Netbook Counterparts. Let’s have a look at the pros and cons of a Laptop.
– Larger Keyboards make typing longer documents easier.
– More Versatile as a Laptop will allow you to play DVD or Blu-Ray movies.
– Larger Screens are available.
– More Powerful Processors are available.
– Able to multitask with ease.
– For a little bit more money than the price of a Netbook, you can get a much more powerful machine.
– A Laptop is heavier than a Netbook so is generally not as portable.
– Battery Life is shorter.
– A Laptop can run warmer than a Netbook.
I hope this helps you make a decision. If you have any questions then please feel free to ask.